Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Door

I got the ideas for my Halloween door from these pins: Spider Magnets and Boo Wreath
 
I love the spidey door magnets, but I could only find a few big spiders around my house and I keep forgetting to get little ones at the store but soon enough I will have some baby spiders on my door as well! I just used little magnets I had laying around and tacky glue. My magnets are a little too powerful so for the next round I am going to buy some different magnets that won't tear off the spider because they are too attached to the door. For my wreath I just used an old black bed sheet that I had bought at one point for a back drop or something. I also used a hay type wreath I found on clearance and I didn't paint it or even take it out of the plastic. I turned on a show, and started cutting strips of fabric. Then I tied and I tied and I tied until it was all covered in raggedy messy fabric. Then I modge podged the paper to the letters and attached them and added some google eyes because it looked like a monster. My husband didn't want me to re-paint the door orange just for the season, and I was okay with that.
 
 
The spiders had a deeper well in the body so I filled it with hot glue before using tacky glue for the magnet. It is holding up okay.
On a scale of 1-10 these were a 10, so easy it was scary. The wreath too, just time consuming but so easy anyone can do it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment