Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas on Canvas

I made these super easy canvas decorations using these pins: O Holy Night, Singing Loud, and
 
 
This was such an easy project and I love how they turned out. I just downloaded the free printables, there are a lot to choose from if you explore free Christmas printable on pinterest. I got some 11x14 photo prints made at Costco for $2.99 each. I took my canvas and painted the edges to match the photo. I had to trim just a sliver off of each photo edge and then I put a thin layer of mod podge on the back of the photo and placed it on the canvas. I then turned the canvas over and pressed all along the back of the canvas to make sure the photo stuck. I waited about 10 minutes to let it dry and then I painted a nice layer of mod podged all over the front and especially the edges. I used a wide sponge brush for one of them and a roller sponge for the other. They both had a different texture when dried. The roller left a smoother texture with tiny tiny bumps and the sponge brush left a bit of a lined texture, but both are only noticeable up close. Since the top layer was thicker it took about 20 minutes to dry. I know a lot of my friends have mod podged pictures onto wood, this is the same only canvas is much lighter and easier to hang.
On an easy scale of 1-10 these get a 9, super duper easy and its a cheap and quick way to add some Christmas cheer to your home.
We are making these for our pinterest club which is why I ordered the canvas online. It is cheap, but the shipping is more than its probably worth if you are just ordering a few, but if you want to do a group order I think it is a good way to go. And if you donate $5 to the art group on their website standard shipping is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment