Monday, December 24, 2012

Felt Nativity

 
I liked the idea of this Felt Nativity, it took me a while but I just finished!

I started this almost 2 weeks ago. It takes time to make this many pieces. I was already feeling overwhelmed with crafts I wanted to do. I ended up saying forget it, no more crafts, I want to enjoy time with my hubby and kids. But I still really wanted to do this Nativity. So I decided to do a 12 days of Christmas, that way I only had to make one or two pieces a day. Our Elf on the Shelf delivered one or two pieces a day and it made it extra fun for our son to be able to get a little Elf gift each day and it gave me a chance everyday to tell him a little bit about the birth of our Savior. This will definitely be a fun tradition each year!

 On a simple scale of 1-10 this gets an 8, pretty simple, just time consuming. The templates are awesome. I made my own donkey though, and I strayed a little bit from the templates for the beards and mustaches and wise man gifts. I also put the stable on a large board, just because I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment