Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brunchy Bites

I got these easy and delicious recipes from these pins: Banana Berry Bites and Crescent Cinnamon Rolls


I went to a playgroup brunch today. They called it a Boo-Hoo brunch. I had no idea what that was, apparently its a brunch for when you send your kids off to school and are feeling a little down and need some cheering up. I like it. I was a slacker and showed up with nothing to share but if I did remember to go to the store so I could make something these are the two recipes I would have made because they rock and are sure to cheer up everyone!
Have you ever tried the Philadelphia Indulgence Spread? If not get to the store and try it! Every time I eat it I am so grateful for this blog and that Indulgence and I were able to m"eat". Every time I make these Banana Berry Bites they are always a huge success and they are about as easy peasy as it gets. Cut the bananas, spoon on the chocolate and top with a berry. Since you cover up the cut ends of the banana with chocolate and a plate they don't brown for a while so they can sit out. I topped mine with blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries too, all were yummy yummy!
Now the cinnamon rolls are the easiest I have ever made and they can hold their own in a cinnamon roll bake off. A few months ago my sister and I were planning the menu for a blessing brunch we were hosting. I told her I wanted to make these cinnamon rolls. She objected because she was planning on making her famous cinnamon rolls. So I made it a cinnamon roll showdown. I think we both made 3 dozen but hers were much bigger. Based on leftovers I was a clear winner, the baking dishes were scraped clean. The biggest problem was that both rolls were super delicious. She makes a traditional, big, dense gooey roll smothered in cream cheese frosting. They rock your taste buds. This was my first time making the crescent cinnamon rolls. They are so soft and lite and gooey and buttery and sweet and if left alone there is no way to keep yourself from devouring the whole pan. So we called it a draw since they seemed to be too different to compare. Shortly after that brunch we had family in town and I told my husband I was going to make the cinnamon rolls I had made for the blessing brunch. He got super excited and told me how he thought they were so good he ate an entire roll himself. This was a huge compliment to me because my husband does not like sweets, especially for breakfast! He then went on to describe to me how good they were and how the frosting was so good. I told him to stop right there because it was clear he hadn't tried my rolls because he was to full from eating the entire giant cinnamon roll that my sister had made. Oh well because I won't stop making these they are so stinkin delicious!!
I have a super hard time rating food on a yummy scale of 1-10. Both of these are off the charts deliciously yummy to me! On a scale of tricky to prepare these get a 1.5, so easy I really think anyone can make them, they may not look like the pictures but they won't last long enough for people to even focus on the presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment