Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pregnant Skeleton

 
I got this fun costume idea from this pin: Pregnant Skeleton
 Last year for Halloween I was pregnant and I wanted a fun costume for my family's Halloween party so when I saw this I thought it would be great for the cooler Utah Halloween and nice and comfy for my pregnant state. I didn't use freezer paper as a stencil like she did on makeit-loveit.com but the reason I thought of this project was because this past week I used freezer paper as a shirt stencil as some friends and I made matching tank tops for a race we were running. It was amazing and would have made this project much easier. By placing the freezer paper shiny side down and ironing it to your clothes you can paint onto your clothes without the paint seeping through. Honestly, I don't know how crafty people figure this stuff out I don't even know what freezer paper is really used for but it makes an amazing clothing stencil! So last year I just cut out paper and traced it and then outlined the bones with the fabric paint that has the small tip for writing and then filled it in with paint. It took a long long time and I just free handed the baby skeleton and it was tricky. For all future painted costumes I most definitely will be using freezer paper! I actually think I may start making my own super hero shirts for Cooper to wear every day because using freezer paper is fun!

On a tricky level of 1-10 I give this about a 7.5. It was a little tedious and I had really hoped there would have been a skeleton stencil. I wish I could provide a stencil here, but I don't have one. The bigger bones were not to bad to make free handed stencils of but the baby skeleton was pretty tricky, It may be easiest to blow up the picture on the computer and print it out and then cut it out of the freezer paper. On a comfy costume for a pregnant lady this got a 9 for super comfy and I wished I could have worn it with out feeling silly for more than just Halloween parties and Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment